VICENTE SOTTO MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER
(VSMMC) is a general, tertiary medical center teaching/ training medical facility owned by the Philippines Government. It aims to provide health care services that are available, affordable, accessible and acceptable to all regardless of social status.
It's operation started as early as 1911 known as Hospital Del Sur and was formally established on April 11,1913. It was through republic Act 2725 that granted its status on January 12, 1913 the name was then changed to Southern Hospital with only 30 beds at its inception, it then become 350 beds when it was upgraded to medical center in 1984.
This institution has continued to grow, develop and improve it's services responsive to the changing need of the community. After 84 years of operation, R.A. 7528 was approved on May 21,1992. Legalizing the change of its name to Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center. Shortly after this, another law was approved increasing the bed capacity to 400 (R.A. 7588 date June 1,1992).
It's been a dream of this institution to expand and improve its services offered to conform to the standard of these days and to cope with the increasing number of the people sought for care. This dream is not far from reality when the copy of R.A. 8658 was received authorizing the operation of 800 beds on June 22,1998.